This is a easy dish and is quick to prepare and tasty too.
If you have more time, use dry shitake mushroom (dehydrated) instead of fresh shitake for added fragrance. Seafood is added for texture and extra crunch.
This is a dish well received by both the adults and kids.
- 1 tube Egg Tofu
- 200g Fish Paste
- 8 Medium Prawns, shelled and deveined
- 3 Fresh Shitake Mushroom, stem removed and diced
- 1-2 small floret Broccoli, diced
- 50ml water, if using Happy Call Pan
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1 teaspoon Light Soy Sauce
- a dash White Pepper Powder
- 50 ml Water
- a pinch Chicken Seasoning Powder
- Corn Flour Mixture as thickener
How to do it:
- Smash prawn with flat part of cleaver or chopper and set aside.
- Squeeze egg tofu out of the tube.
- Mix tofu, fish paste, prawns and the diced vegetables together with the seasonings.
- Oil a muffin tray.
- Scoop about 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoon of tofu mixture into the tray. Top with a wolf berry if you like.
- Add the water to the happy call pan and set the tofu mixture to steam for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove the tofu balls with a spoon and set aside.
- Carefully pour out the juice in the muffin tray into a pan.
- Add in water and seasoning with chicken seasoning powder and bring to a simmer.
- Thicken with corn flour mixture.
- Spoon sauce over the tofu balls.
- Drizzle sesame oil if you like.
- Serve immediately.
- You can replace prawns with squid if you like.
- Experiment using other vegetables instead of broccoli.
- If you do not have a Happy Call Pan, you can steam using the regular way. Remember to lift the muffin tray up so the steaming water will not boil and get into the muffin tray.