AdSense

Saturday, July 5, 2014

[ Breakfast : Easy Peasy Chocolate Chips Cupcakes ]


People who knows me knows I don't really bake (cakes) b'cos I think I sucked at baking.  Yes, I know practise makes perfect but I hardly have cake fans at home.  (I only have one!)  What I really need is a lab rat cake fan which makes it even harder. 

I really hate to see food in the bin.  Hence, no cake baking for me.  Okay, lame excuse.

The truth is my oven is 99% used for cooking.  :P  Well, I do bake, maybe once in a thousand blue moons.  And after a few rejects to my daughter's requests for 12-Cupcakes.  :P

So, this is once of those occasions and I'm so grateful that my daughter cum lab rat cake fan didn't compare my cupcakes with the money making ones.  Maybe she waited too long to have cupcakes so she is happy just to get her hands on any cupcakes, with or without 'numbers'.

My recipe is a super simple and straight forward one, which I have been using for years, requires no prior baking knowledge or skills.  I dare say that b'cos even someone (me) who sucked at baking (cake) could get the cupcakes to be fluffy, I'm sure anyone else can too.

Ingredients:
  • 220g Butter, soften
  • 200g Caster Sugar
  • 4 Eggs
  • 220g Self Raising Flour
  • 200g Chocolate Chips, more if you like 
  • 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract

How to do it:
  1. Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
  2. Add one egg at a time and continue beating.
  3. Add in the vanilla extract and mix well.
  4. Add in flour and beat well till mixture is smooth and pale.
  5. Fold in the Chocolate Chips till combined.
  6. Spoon batter into muffin cup.
  7. Bake for 20 minutes in preheat oven at 180C.
  8. Cool on rack.

Note:
you can use berries,  nuts or Oreo cookies instead of chocolate chips too.


No comments:

Post a Comment