People who knows me knows I don't really bake (cakes) b'cos I think I sucked at baking. Yes, I know practise makes perfect but I hardly have cake fans at home. (I only have one!) What I really need is a lab rat cake fan which makes it even harder.
I really hate to see food in the bin. Hence, no cake baking for me. Okay, lame excuse.
The truth is my oven is 99% used for cooking. :P Well, I do bake, maybe once in a thousand blue moons. And after a few rejects to my daughter's requests for 12-Cupcakes. :P
So, this is once of those occasions and I'm so grateful that my daughter cum
My recipe is a super simple and straight forward one, which I have been using for years, requires no prior baking knowledge or skills. I dare say that b'cos even someone (me) who sucked at baking (cake) could get the cupcakes to be fluffy, I'm sure anyone else can too.
- 220g Butter, soften
- 200g Caster Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 220g Self Raising Flour
- 200g Chocolate Chips, more if you like
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
How to do it:
- Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
- Add one egg at a time and continue beating.
- Add in the vanilla extract and mix well.
- Add in flour and beat well till mixture is smooth and pale.
- Fold in the Chocolate Chips till combined.
- Spoon batter into muffin cup.
- Bake for 20 minutes in preheat oven at 180C.
- Cool on rack.
you can use berries, nuts or Oreo cookies instead of chocolate chips too.