AdSense

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Shoyu based Ramen
日式酱油口味拉面


I'm not sure about you but my favourite ramen got to be the Shoyu based.

This my attempt to do a replica based on what I have tasted. It may not be authentic but the family is happy with the results, I'm happy too.

If you are interested to try out my version of the un-authentic Shoyu Ramen, here's my recipe.


Ingredients:
  • 750ml Chicken Stock (I'm using homemade)
  • 1 teaspoon Instant Dashi Powder (optional)
  • 1/2 tablespoon Sake
  • 1/2 tablespoon Mirin
  • 1 teaspoon minced Ginger
  • 3 tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
  • 1/4 teaspoon Premium Dark Soy Sauce (if you want the soup darker)
  •  Salt to taste

How to do it:
  1. Bring chicken stock to a simmer.
  2. Add dashi powder, sake, mirin and ginger.
  3. Season with light soy sauce and salt.
  4. It is ready to be added to a separately cooked ramen.

Note:
  • I'm using dried soba here. I cooked it separately and pour the soup base over when it's done. You can use ramen or any others.
  • The whole corn kennel (from Del Monte) is blanched in hot water before I add to the noodles.
  • The recipe for my lava egg can be found HERE.



3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. My kids love the lava eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those lava eggs and so did my kids. Hope you dun mind me sharing your recipie on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I mentioned with regards to your lava eggs recipe, we also did this recipe with success. Thank you! For Singapore readers, you could get the ingredients easily from Isetan Scotts' supermarket. I bought the Takara brand of Mirin and Cooking Sake for under S$5 each for the smallest bottle. I also got the Shimaya brand of MSG and additive free Dashi powder sachet. The dried soba we got has a stronger flavour. I would try with a different noodle next time. Perhaps dried ramen if I could find it.

    ReplyDelete