I'm not sure about you but my favourite ramen got to be the Shoyu based.
This my attempt to do a replica based on what I have tasted. It may not be authentic but the family is happy with the results, I'm happy too.
If you are interested to try out my version of the un-authentic Shoyu Ramen, here's my recipe.
- 750ml Chicken Stock (I'm using homemade)
- 1 teaspoon Instant Dashi Powder (optional)
- 1/2 tablespoon Sake
- 1/2 tablespoon Mirin
- 1 teaspoon minced Ginger
- 3 tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Premium Dark Soy Sauce (if you want the soup darker)
- Salt to taste
How to do it:
- Bring chicken stock to a simmer.
- Add dashi powder, sake, mirin and ginger.
- Season with light soy sauce and salt.
- It is ready to be added to a separately cooked ramen.
- I'm using dried soba here. I cooked it separately and pour the soup base over when it's done. You can use ramen or any others.
- The whole corn kennel (from Del Monte) is blanched in hot water before I add to the noodles.
- The recipe for my lava egg can be found HERE.