It was extremely hot last month and I kept making drinks for my family and this was one of them.
This is something I learned from a magazine many years ago. Unlike most fruit juices, which are usually thick and rich in flavours, this is very light but refreshing. Not too heavy. I love it's pretty colour too, which came from the cranberry. No artificial colour used here.
But the plants in the background is artificial though. ;P
- 5 tablespoon Dried Cranberries
- 1 Red Apple, cored, peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 sprig Mint, use leaves only (use more if you like it more minty)
- 1 tablespoon Extra Fine Sugar or to taste
- 400ml Freshly Boiled Water
How to do it:
- Put all ingredients except sugar in a preferably in coffee press. A jug works fine too.
- Make sure you crush the mint leave a little.
- Let it stand for a hour.
- Press to let the flavours from the ingredients release. If you are using a jug, use a large spoon to do the pressing.
- Stir in sugar to taste.
- Make sure sugar is totally melted.
- Filter and chill till ready to serve.