I'm not a tea drinker. Other than Pu'er Tea, I only drink Hot Green Tea. I have a bottle of Powdered Green Tea at home which I will make when I want a break.
Although I love green tea, I have never tried Green Tea Latte before. I have a friend, Jessica who loves Green Tea Latte. ;) And I thought I have to tried it one day but it never happen. :P
Since I have green tea at home, I thought I would try to make my own Green Tea Latte. Hey! It taste quite good. Next time, I shall try making Iced Green Tea Latte. :)
- 3/4 cup of hot green tea, either using tea bag or powdered form
- Sugar to taste
- 1/4 cup of fresh milk
How to do it:
- Bring milk to a simmer.
- Remove hot milk from heat and froth it if you like.
- Meanwhile, add sugar to taste to the 3/4 cup of hot green tea.
- Add frothed milk to green tea.
- This is a recipe based on personal preference.
- Make a cup of cup green tea on how strong you want it to be, taking into consideration that it will be diluted by the added milk.
- The proportion of my green tea to milk is 3 part green tea to 1 part milk. If you prefer a more milky latte, you can adjust to half cup tea to half cup milk or to your preference.
- Size of the cup indicated is not restricted to what is shown in the photo. If you prefer a taller glass, please go ahead to use that.
- Frothing the milk incorporate air bubbles to the milk. You don't have to do that if you do not have the gadget. I'm using a cheap frothing gadget bought from Daiso.