We love going to 鼎泰豐 and their prawn pancake is one of the dishes we will order. Here I am doing a replicate of the dish but a much meaty version of it. You be surprised how easy it is to do. Do find time to try making it yourself.
- 1 sheet Dried Bean Curd Skin, cleaned with a damp cloth to reduced saltiness
- 500g Small Prawns
- 1/2 tablespoon Chopped Coriander (optional)
- 1/2 tablespoon Corn Flour
- A pinch of salt
- Corn flour for dusting
- Oil for pan frying
How to do it:
- Shell and devien prawns. The shells can be retain to make stock.
- Retain 8 prawns and minced the rest with a pinch of salt and corn flour into paste.
- Set aside.
- Blanch the rest of the prawns to almost cooked. Plunge in cool water to stop cooking.
- Chop blanched prawns in 3 pieces each.
- Mix chopped prawns with prawn paste.
- Layer a piece of cleaned bean curd skin, size abt 20cm x 40cm, flat.
- Spread prawn paste on one half of bean curd skin with allowance at the sides for folding.
- Fold the bean curd skin to cover the prawn paste.
- Repeat till the paste is used up.
- Dust the both sides of pancake lightly with corn flour.
- Pan fry on one side on medium low heat till golden brown.
- Flip over to pan fry the other side till golden brown and prawn paste is completely cooked.
- Dish, cut into smaller pieces and serve immediately.