My original plan with to cook the prawns with black pepper sauce. I had some left-over Dang Gui 当归 powder and thought I would experiment combining both the black pepper with Dang Gui 当归. :P
It rather nice except, next time I'll leave out the curry leaves (you see in the photo) as it overpowered the Dang Gui.
- 400g Prawns, shelled and deviened
- 1 medium Onion, cut into chunks
- 4 tablespoon Oil for frying
- 1 tablespoon Oil for stir-frying
- 1 teaspoon Dang Gui 当归 (Angelica Sinensis)Powder
- 1 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Corn Flour
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Seed Oil
- a pinch of Salt
- 1 tablespoon Oyster Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Chinese Cooking Oil
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 4 tablespoon Water
- 1/2 tablespoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Corn Flour
How to do it:
- Coat prawns with marinade.
- Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in wok and fry the marinated prawns till 80% cooked.
- Remove and drain.
- Heat a clean wok with 1 tablespoon oil.
- Add onion and stir-fry till slightly softened.
- Add in sauce mixture and pre-cooked prawns.
- Stir-fry and toss quickly to coat prawns well with sauce and till the prawns are thoroughly cooked.
- Dish and serve.
I'm not sure if you can get powdered Dang Gui 当归 but you can always grind sliced Dang Gui 当归 on your own at home.