AdSense

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Roast Chicken with Bacon


Anything with bacon seems to be tasty. :P My husband stays away from this now because he thinks it's bad for his cholesterol. ^_^" Still he stole a bite of the chicken meat, without skin, without bacon and likes it too.

I like it how the bacon 'protects' the chicken from getting dry and hard and also at the same time seasons it. With bacon in here, you don't need any other seasonings. Just let the bacon to the job. Well, with the help of a slice of lemon too.

This is my son's current favourite (because of the bacon lah). It might be yours too. Try it!



Ingredients:
  • 2 Large Chicken Drumstick
  • 4 slices Streaky Bacon
  • 3 glove Garlic, crashed with skin on
  • 2 slices Lemon

How to do it:
  1. Place a slice of lemon on the chicken.
  2. Wrap a slice of streaky bacon slightly tight starting from the joint part with the fatty part of the bacon should be 'outside'.
  3. Overlap the bacon a little so you don't see the chicken.
  4. Place the chicken in a oven proof dish with the loose end bacon placed down.
  5. Scatter the garlic around.
  6. Roast the chicken in a preheated oven at 220C for 15 minutes.
  7. Reduce the temperature to 170C and continuing roasting for another 40 minutes or till thoroughly cooked.
  8. Serve.
  • Click HERE for printer-friendly version of an original recipe.


12 comments:

  1. I am glad to know your blog.

    This looks yum! can't wait to try.Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog. It's being written in Vietnamese, no have an English version yet, so sorry. I think about that.

    I tried your recipe yesterday's dinner. It turned out very good. Thanks.

    I made some steps differently :). I made a single cut down at center of the drumstick, stuffed with sliced shallots, sprinkled salt & pepper. Then wrapped with bacon :). My husband didn't like the taste of shallot :(. But the meet was soft. I think next time, I will make without shallots, and I will bake the bacon half-cooked before wrapping to reduce fat :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely sounds interesting and I'm going to go to the grocery store right now and get the ingredients :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Noi nieu,
    Thanks for visiting again. I hope your blog has English version soon, your food looks very yummy.

    Lacey,
    Hope you will like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow bacon is every kids fav I think. My kids love it too and didnt know you can rolled in on a chicken drumstick and baked it. Great recipe ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SueSue,
    You should try this. I bet you kids will like it too. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,

    I tried this receipt today as well. It was successful. But a few things which I would like to know:

    1) Is the slice of lemon place inside the chicken together with the bacon?
    2) Did you took out the chicken skin?
    3) Do we need to wash the bacon before baking?
    4) Beside Streaky Bacon, can we use Ham or other flavour of Bacon?

    Thank you.

    Mixue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mixue,

    1. Yes, I have a slice of lemon on the chicken then wrapped with bacon.

    2, No. but you can remove the skin if you like. We love the skin.

    3. No, I just use it as it is.

    4. I use the bacon as a season. You can use bacon which is less fatty and salty but more meat. If you want to use ham, you might want to season the chicken first.

    Hope I helped. :) Have fun wokking!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am very sure you are a great mum. Your recipes are amazing to me. I would like to try this roast chicken with bacon. The whole family of mine would definitely love it very much.And the most important thing is ~ so easy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi elaine, just tried out yr roasted chicken with bacon. It looks nice but i do w/o the lemon as it's OOS. Hubbie said it's nice. Tks. Credit goes to u :)p

    ReplyDelete