Anything with bacon seems to be tasty. :P My husband stays away from this now because he thinks it's bad for his cholesterol. ^_^" Still he stole a bite of the chicken meat, without skin, without bacon and likes it too.
I like it how the bacon 'protects' the chicken from getting dry and hard and also at the same time seasons it. With bacon in here, you don't need any other seasonings. Just let the bacon to the job. Well, with the help of a slice of lemon too.
This is my son's current favourite (because of the bacon lah). It might be yours too. Try it!
- 2 Large Chicken Drumstick
- 4 slices Streaky Bacon
- 3 glove Garlic, crashed with skin on
- 2 slices Lemon
How to do it:
- Place a slice of lemon on the chicken.
- Wrap a slice of streaky bacon slightly tight starting from the joint part with the fatty part of the bacon should be 'outside'.
- Overlap the bacon a little so you don't see the chicken.
- Place the chicken in a oven proof dish with the loose end bacon placed down.
- Scatter the garlic around.
- Roast the chicken in a preheated oven at 220C for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the temperature to 170C and continuing roasting for another 40 minutes or till thoroughly cooked.
- Click HERE for printer-friendly version of an original recipe.