We love prawns and I must say this is one of the easiest and fastest prawn dish to make. The only important thing you need to have is fresh prawns.
Oh! It's easy to eat too since it's "butterflied". *wink*
- 12 medium to large Prawns, butterfly and deviened
- A pinch of Salt
- A dash of pepper
- 1 tablespoon Chinese Cooking Wine
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 6 clove Garlic, minced
- 2 fresh Chilli, chopped
- A drizzle of Sesame Seed Oil (optional)
How to do it:
- Mix all ingredients except prawns and sesame seed oil together.
- Place prawns on a shallow dish.
- Put in the garlic and chili mixture in the slit of the prawns.
- Steam for 5 minutes or just cooked.
- Scoop the sauce from the steamed prawns and pour over the prawns.
- Drizzle some sesame seed oil sparingly and add some chopped spring onions if you like.
- Serve immediately.
The easiest and safest way to butterfly prawns is to use a kitchen scissor. Use it to cut the shells from the head to the tail end, then use a knife to slit it.
- Click HERE for printer-friendly version of an original recipe.