I'm going to 'talk' less and post more. I'm going to try to get more recipes out. My list of upcoming recipes are getting too long and I'm losing my notes (just realised the kids are colouring my food pictures on my notes :P) So, sorry if I seem less 'chatty' or perhaps you are glad I am. *laughs*
Anyway, this is one of the kid's favourites and mine too. I have over baked this but luckily it's only the outer layer that's a bit dry and crumbly. The rest was still nice.
- 5 Eggs
- 180 Sugar
- 200g Self Raising Flour, sifted
- 250g Butter, soften
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 80g Raisin, soaked to soften and dried (omit to make butter cake)
How to do it:
- Grease baking tin.
- Reheat oven at 170C
- Beat butter and sugar till creamy and light.
- Add egg one at a time and mix until well combined.
- Add flour and fold in slowly.
- Mix in vanilla essence and mix evenly.
- Pour mixute into baking tin.
- Bake in reheated oven for 45 - 50 minutes.
- Remove and cool on rack.
- Click HERE for printer-friendly version of an original recipe.