AdSense

Friday, March 28, 2008

Grilled Spice Ribs


I saw this recipe from a cookbook when I was browsing at a book stand and managed to remember ingredients used (I think) and I just figured out the cooking method. :P

I like these so much, I only left one rib for my husband. *laughs* Maybe it's the aroma. Even my son like it but he couldn't finish it because it's a bit spicy.

My husband did not really enjoy it as by the time he came back, the rib was cold and the meat was a bit tough (because of the sugar). I shouldn't have listen to him and reheat it for him. He said it's a waste of electricity to reheat for one rib. *opps*


Ingredients:
  • 4 meaty Ribs

Spices to grind into paste:
  • 5 Shallot
  • 2 stalk Lemon Grass
  • 1 thumb-size Turmeric
  • 3 fresh Chilli

Seasoning:
  • 1/2 teaspoon Salt
  • 2 teaspoon Sugar
  • 3 tablespoon Honey
  • 1 tablespoon Sesame Seed Oil
  • 2 tablespoon Light Soy Sauce

How to do it:
  1. Marinade ribs with seasonings for 30 minutes.
  2. Coat the with spice paste.
  3. Place in oven-proof dish with cover or use foil to cover.
  4. Grill in a preheated oven for 45 minutes or till cooked at 200C.
  5. Remove cover or foil and continue grilling for 10 minutes or till ribs turn golden brown.
  6. Serve immediately.

  • Click HERE for printer-friendly version of an original recipe.

13 comments:

  1. Okihkn,
    Thanks. Try it sometime and let me know if you like it or not. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aiyo, looks so delicious to me lar.. this wk go to market and get some pork ribs then..hehhe

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ribs look great! Need to find time to try this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Life Zone, Rei,
    Hope you both will like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Almost fainted at the sight of those delicious ribs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wmw,
    *fanning the ribs your direction* Don't faint. Try this some time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Wokking Mum,

    I will be trying this tomorrow. Can you tell me if your 4 meaty ribs means 4 strips of rib bones or just 1 individual rib like the ones in your photo?

    Will surely let you know the outcome after trying. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Phoebeluv,
    It's 4 strips separated. I preferred to do it individually but you can do it in a slab if you like.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi WM, i love all your recipes. You are so "me"...i m referring to my taste....hehehe... I will be marinating the ribs today and will let you know the outcome later this week.

    God bless
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Annie,
    Thanks! Hahaha ... Happy that I'm so 'you' in taste. hehehe .... :) Hope you'll like this as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. For the sake of those wanting to try a different kind of grilled ribs from the western style, try this! It's yummy. I did it last night. I even love waking up the next morning with the smell of it in the kitchen. It is slightly similar to satay but with a nice twist.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Phoebeluv, Thanks for recommending this. :)

    ReplyDelete