I saw this recipe from a cookbook when I was browsing at a book stand and managed to remember ingredients used (I think) and I just figured out the cooking method. :P
I like these so much, I only left one rib for my husband. *laughs* Maybe it's the aroma. Even my son like it but he couldn't finish it because it's a bit spicy.
My husband did not really enjoy it as by the time he came back, the rib was cold and the meat was a bit tough (because of the sugar). I shouldn't have listen to him and reheat it for him. He said it's a waste of electricity to reheat for one rib. *opps*
- 4 meaty Ribs
Spices to grind into paste:
- 5 Shallot
- 2 stalk Lemon Grass
- 1 thumb-size Turmeric
- 3 fresh Chilli
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoon Sugar
- 3 tablespoon Honey
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Seed Oil
- 2 tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
How to do it:
- Marinade ribs with seasonings for 30 minutes.
- Coat the with spice paste.
- Place in oven-proof dish with cover or use foil to cover.
- Grill in a preheated oven for 45 minutes or till cooked at 200C.
- Remove cover or foil and continue grilling for 10 minutes or till ribs turn golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
- Click HERE for printer-friendly version of an original recipe.