I did this during a gathering at my place and my friend, Rebecca, liked it. I tried it again, wanting to pair it with vegetable. The asparagus was good but I didn't quite like it with tomato but my hubby said it okay for him. Perhaps if I used cherry tomatoes in a bunch, it might be better. As I find it too wet using cut tomato.
I did it using orange rind and orange juice too and it was good too but personally I preferred the lemon version. I did a fish dish using orange rind and juice and it tasted better for that dish and my daughter finished one half of the fish. More of that in later post.
- 2 Chicken Drumstick or Breast, deboned
- 20 stalks (Thai) Asparagus
- 2 thick slice Tomato (I would suggest using whole cherry tomatoes instead)
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 2 teaspoon Dried Rosemary
- 1/2 (of a whole) Lemon Rind
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Mix Marinade.
- Add chicken to marinade and set aside for at least 1/2 hour.
- Heat grill pan.
- Grill chicken skin down first, till brown.
- Turn over and continue to grill the other side of the chicken.
- At the same time, grill the vegetables using some of the sauce from the grilling of the chicken.
- If you are using cherry tomatoes, grill till the tomatoes 'burst' to THIS effect.
- Dish and set aside the vegetables when they are done.
- When chicken is completely cooked, dish and serve with vegetables.
- Click HERE for printer-friendly version of an original recipe.