This is another quick, easy and simple dish. A real time saver. I was pressing for time (because my kids were sick and I got tonnes of housework to do) otherwise, I would have added some steam vegetables to it too! It would have tasted great with the sauce and more eye pleasing with an additional colour. Next time!
- 1 box Silken Tofu
- 80 g Minced Pork
- 1 tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Sugar
- A few drops Sesame Seed Oil
- 1/2 tablespoon Cornflour
- 1 tablespoon Oyster Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Light Soy Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon Oil
- 2ooml Water
- Cornflour mixture (thickener)
How to do it:
- Mix minced pork with seasoning and set aside.
- Cut tofu into 4 pieces. You can leave it as it is if you like.
- Lay tofu in a dish.
- Place some minced pork on top of the tofu.
- Steam tofu on high heat for about 10-25 minutes or till meat is cooked.
- Drain the water from the tofu.
- Combine all ingredients for sauce except thickener.
- Bring to boil.
- Gradually add thickener and stir well.
- Pour the sauce over the tofu and serve.
My plan was to add blanched Xiao Bai Cai to this dish too. It goes well with the sauce too and adds colour to this dish.