AdSense

Monday, April 23, 2007

Tofu with Minced Pork
豆腐肉碎


This is another quick, easy and simple dish. A real time saver. I was pressing for time (because my kids were sick and I got tonnes of housework to do) otherwise, I would have added some steam vegetables to it too! It would have tasted great with the sauce and more eye pleasing with an additional colour. Next time!

Ingredients:

  • 1 box Silken Tofu
  • 80 g Minced Pork
Seasoning:

  • 1 tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
  • 1/4 teaspoon Salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon Sugar
  • A few drops Sesame Seed Oil
  • 1/2 tablespoon Cornflour
Sauce:

  • 1 tablespoon Oyster Sauce
  • 1 teaspoon Light Soy Sauce
  • 1/2 teaspoon Sugar
  • 1/2 tablespoon Oil
  • 2ooml Water
  • Cornflour mixture (thickener)
How to do it:

  1. Mix minced pork with seasoning and set aside.
  2. Cut tofu into 4 pieces. You can leave it as it is if you like.
  3. Lay tofu in a dish.
  4. Place some minced pork on top of the tofu.
  5. Steam tofu on high heat for about 10-25 minutes or till meat is cooked.
  6. Drain the water from the tofu.
  7. Combine all ingredients for sauce except thickener.
  8. Bring to boil.
  9. Gradually add thickener and stir well.
  10. Pour the sauce over the tofu and serve.
Note:
My plan was to add blanched Xiao Bai Cai to this dish too. It goes well with the sauce too and adds colour to this dish.

9 comments:

  1. Dear Elaine, I've done this more than 5 times and each time, I succeeded and I have a blog label just labeled W-O-K-K-I-N-G-M-U-M. Love all your recipes, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quinn,
    You like this so much? ;)
    A wokkingmum label? Wah! That's a big compliment! I'm so honoured and .... shy. :P Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing. Yummy ! Cheers ! Sunshine always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Elaine, first time i had it for dinner tonite. this is so sinful-icious. why sinful? coz my husband and i ate 2 plates of rice. fyi, we normally have only 1 plate. we love the sauce and the combination of it all. i kept the sauce from steaming the tofu, and added some dried shitake mushroom also...so that explains the delicious part. i am expecting to do cook this more often now. we luv lurve love it!! thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Phoebeluv, Wow! 2 plates of rice? That's a lot! I remembered you like your dish with a lot of sauce so you can go with the rice. :) Glad you like this recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. By the way, what happened to your blog? I was looking forward to your updates. Maybe you should start a food blog too since you enjoy cooking so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. my blog? eh...i'm not so hardworking to update all the time, and honestly, i also don't know how to use the blog to input. only know how to read and is a woman of few words. God is good to me lah...made women like you who write, cook and blog, and women like me who enjoy reading them....hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Phoebeluv, Hahaha ... I'm like you when I first started too. You will get the hang of it as you blog. :)

    ReplyDelete