AdSense

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Preserved Sour Plum with Lime Drink


I'm having a sore throat now and to sooth it, I made myself a pot of Preserved Sour Plum with Lime Drink. I like to chilled it in the fridge so I can have it anytime I like.

Ingredients:
(To make 1 glass)
  • 3-5 Preserved Sour Plum (酸梅)
  • 1-2 Lime (酸柑)
  • 200ml Hot Water
How to do it:
  1. Throw in the preserved sour plum in a glass of hot water.
  2. Let it stand of about 15 minutes.
  3. Squeeze in the lime juice.
  4. Give it a quick stir.
  5. Drink it!
Note:
  • The preserved sour plum I'm using is rather sour so I using 4 and juice of 2 limes. You can add more if you like.
  • The flavour get stronger the longer you stand the sour plum in hot water.
  • You can drink it hot, warm or chill. I like best when it's ice cold!
  • It's a instant sore throat reliever!

6 comments:

  1. WokkingMum, I need it now! but i prefer it ICY COLD! as the weather is HOT HOT HOT!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me or should I type You? hehehe ...
    I like it Ice Cold too!!
    Oh, thank for droping by! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi wokking mum, maybe you can also try honey + lime/lemon water... it also soothe sore throat well... I will try this ! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jean,
    I get phelgm when I drink honey. It always happen. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi WokkingMum
    Your website is sooooo pretty, so are all the pictures. Nice one!
    I got some "sweet sour prunes with stone". I used 1 to try this drink. But the hot water became very cloudy and the sweet & sour taste did not infuse into the water until I use a spoon to press on it. Am I doing it right? Or just used the wrong ingredient? Do this prunes have the same instant sore throat reliever effect?
    Thanks, I have got sooo many ques. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Becky,
    Thanks for your compliments.
    My guess is different prunes work differently.

    The ones I use are the sour ones so I don't really need to press on it but if I do, it could be better. Plus mine are the very dry type too. Not cloudy effect.

    Maybe you can try getting those very hard and dry prunes. It's very common.

    Yes, this helps relieve my sore throat. At least for me it does.

    ReplyDelete