I made a similar dish some time back. It was shaped like croquettes and without cheese. For this variation, I'm shaping it to bit size ball shape so it's easier and more fun to eat.
We keep the left-overs and reheated them for supper.
- 2 Potatoes
- 60g Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Egg Yolk
- Spring onions, chopped (optional)
- Oil for frying
How to do it:
- Boil potatoes till soft.
- Peel the skin and mash will cooled.
- Add in cheese, salt spring onions and egg yolk to mashed potato.
- Mix well.
- Divide into equal portion and shape into balls.
- Dip potato ball into batter and fry to golden brown.
- Remove, drain and serve.
- You can also coat will breadcrumb instead of batter for a crunchier bite.
- You can use either tempura batter or normal plain flour plus water batter. A thin batter is preferred.