AdSense

Monday, April 2, 2007

Long Beans with Chilli


This is one of those dishes that only I alone will eat. My hubby doesn't eat this. My son doesn't really enjoy it but will still eat some without chilli. But I love it. I can't really take spicy stuff so I add chilli only sparingly.

Ingredients:
  • 10 strings of long beans, cut into equal sections
  • 1 tablespoon dried shrimps; soaked to soften and grind if preferred.
  • ½ tablespoon garlic
  • ¼ cup water
  • Oil for frying
  • Ready-made chilli sauce/Sambal Belacan (I use Hommaid Brand - Nyonya Crispy Prawn Chilli Sauce; something I can handle)
How to do it:
  1. Deep fry the long beans for 1 - 2 minutes. Do this if you prefer a soften bite.
  2. Drain and set aside.
  3. Stir fry garlic and grind dried shrimps with oil till fragrant.
  4. Add in long bean and stir fry for about 5 minutes or till desired softness.
  5. Add in your chilli sauce or Sambal Belacan and mix well.
  6. If it is too dry, add in some water.
  7. Serve with rice.
Note:
I don’t add salt as I think the dried shrimp are salty enough.

4 comments:

  1. The long beans i cooked always seems hard..why ar?

    ReplyDelete
  2. HuiSia,
    Have you tried deep frying them? It should help soften them. It works for me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wah...so nice, how come your hubby don't eat?

    ReplyDelete
  4. tigerfish,
    He doesn't like long bean leh.

    ReplyDelete