This is one of those dishes that only I alone will eat. My hubby doesn't eat this. My son doesn't really enjoy it but will still eat some without chilli. But I love it. I can't really take spicy stuff so I add chilli only sparingly.
- 10 strings of long beans, cut into equal sections
- 1 tablespoon dried shrimps; soaked to soften and grind if preferred.
- ½ tablespoon garlic
- ¼ cup water
- Oil for frying
- Ready-made chilli sauce/Sambal Belacan (I use Hommaid Brand - Nyonya Crispy Prawn Chilli Sauce; something I can handle)
- Deep fry the long beans for 1 - 2 minutes. Do this if you prefer a soften bite.
- Drain and set aside.
- Stir fry garlic and grind dried shrimps with oil till fragrant.
- Add in long bean and stir fry for about 5 minutes or till desired softness.
- Add in your chilli sauce or Sambal Belacan and mix well.
- If it is too dry, add in some water.
- Serve with rice.
I don’t add salt as I think the dried shrimp are salty enough.