Cook this dish last week for the first time. Not too bad. My hubby rated it 4-star. ^_^ I like it because it's simple and fast to cook. ^_-
- Yellow flat noodles
- Prawns, shells removed and deveined
- Squids, sliced
- Cai Xin, cut into section
- Fish cakes, sliced
- Stock or water
- Corn starch mixture
How to do it:
- 1/2 tablespoon Dark Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Oyster Sauce
- Stir-fried the prawns, squids, fish cakes and cai xin with garlic.
- Set aside.
- In a pot, cook the noodle with enough stock to cover it.
- When the noodle is cooked, add in the seasonings, prawns, squids, fish cakes and cai xin.
- Let it cook for ½ minute then slowly stir-in the corn-starch mixture to thicken the sauce.
Note:You can add any other ingredients of your choice. You can also blanch your ingredients instead of stir-frying. I only add-in the ingredients to the noodles during the last part so not to over-cook them. Adjust the amount of seasonings. If you like a darker look for your noodles, add more dark soy sauce.