I usually cook fried rice or noodle when my hubby goes overseas. It’s too troublesome to cook 2 dishes with soup when there’s only the kids and me. An online friend saw this in my food gallery and asks if she could have the recipe. Sorry for the wait.
How to do it:
- Fresh cooked rice (I don’t use overnight rice because the kids are eating)
- Long beans, diced
- Baby corn, diced
- Carrot, diced
- Fake crabmeat (similar to crab stick; it’s made from fish paste)
- Salt to taste
- Stir fried long beans, baby corn, carrot and fake crabmeat till cooked.
- Set aside.
- Scramble an egg till cooked.
- Add in cooked rice and the earlier cooked ingredients.
- Add salt to taste.
- Continue to stir fried till mixed well.
- Dish and serve.
If using fresh cooked rice, make sure you don’t add to much water when cooking the rice. Otherwise the fried rice will be too starchy. Remember to add enough oil when frying rice otherwise it will stick to the pan. The ingredients I use here are my son's favourite. You can always substitute them with others.