AdSense

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Fried Fish in Soy Sauce

I haven't buy (whole) Groupa for a long time as it too big to fit into my small pan wok for cooking. I got one anyway and told the fishmonger to get the smallest he can find. :P He even 'butterfly' it for me. I'll be lucky if I can get the whole fish in. That's the problem with having a small wok. My original plan was to try to replica the home-made fried tofu we always have at the Soup Restaurant. But I'm really lousy in frying beancurd. I'm still practicing though. I will share my way of doing it if I ever master it. :P Anyway, I gathered that the sauce which was inspired by the fried tofu dish I mention should goes well with fried fish too. But be prepared to clean up the kitchen after this. Okay, okay, the oil spat is only the initial part so you probably need to only clean the wall and a small part of the floor. ;) Ingredients:
  • 1 Groupa, cleaned
  • 1/4 teaspoon Salt
  • Corn Flour for dusting
  • Oil for frying
Garnish:
  • 1 - 2 tablespoon Dried Shrimps, fried till crispy
  • lots of Spring Onions and Coriander
Sauce:
  • 1 tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
  • 5 tablespoon Water
  • 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
  • 1 tablespoon Cooking Wine
How to do it:
  1. Rub salt over fish.
  2. Give the fish a few parallel cuts on both side to help faster cooking.
  3. Dust whole fish with cornflour.
  4. When oil is hot (not smoking), carefully slide fish in.
  5. Gently scoop oil and pour over the top of the fish, if you dare too. ;) The oil is hot but not splatting.
  6. Slowing turn the fish over once the bottom is nicely brown about 4 minutes for mine.
  7. Continue frying for another 3 minutes or till cooked and skin is brown.
  8. Drain away oil and place on a dish.
  9. Put fried dried shrimps, spring onions and coriander on fish.
  10. Combine all ingredients for the sauce in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
  11. Pour over fish.
  12. Drizzle on some sesame seed oil and serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment