One of the dishes I prepared for dinner last night.
It is a very simple and easy to prepare dish. Cooking time is very short so it's good for those who are always rushing for time.
- I box Silken Tofu, cut into thick slices
- 6 small or 3 big Scallops, slice big scallops into halves
- 2 teaspoon Fermented Black Bean, quick rinse and chopped
- 1 tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Maggie Seasoning Sauce (optional)
- Some fresh diced chilli
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil.
How to do it:
- Place scallops on tofu and set aside.
- Add hot and garlic together into pan (so garlic will not brown too fast).
- Stir fry till garlic is fragrant.
- Add in the chopped fermented black bean and chilli if using.
- Stir fry till fragrant; about half a minute.
- Add in sugar and sauces.
- Spoon seasoning mixture and place on scallops.
- Steam for 4-5 mins or till scallops are thoroughly cooked.
- Serve immediately.
- As the seasoning is pre-cooked, you can adjust the sweetness and saltiness according to you liking.
- The seasoning can be preparing ahead and top just before steaming.
- You can replace scallops with small prawns.