I haven't had time to update my recipes but I have been cooking! ;) Have a look at my Instagram if you are interested to know what we have been eating at home and what recipes I will be sharing soon. If only I have 48 hours a day ...
Anyway, I cooked Chicken Chop with Cauliflower Mash last Thursday for dinner and had some cauliflower mash left. It was cold after I left it out and it didn't taste nice. :P I didn't want to waste it and decided to baked it with some cheese. My daughter soon finished the whole dish of it after I offered her a spoon full of the baked mash. And she requested I make it again.
As requested, I made it again last night. I would suggest you use a shallow dish instead of a deep dish to bake this. It's a lot nicer with more cheese. The cheese topping will not be enough to go round for a deep dish of cauliflower mash. If you prefer a healthier choice with lesser cheese, go ahead and use a deep dish instead.
I recently received a Bosch ErgoMixx Hand Blender for review and it really makes preparing the cauliflower mash a whiz. I will share more on the product in another post.
Ingredients (3-4 servings):
- 600g Cauliflower, cut into florets
- 10g Butter
- 3 tablespoon Shredded Parmesan Cheese or Mozzarella Cheese (for each serving)
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese powder (for each serving)
- Parsley Flakes (optional)
How to do it:
- Boil cauliflower florets in a pot of salted water till tender.
- Drain and puree the cauliflower with butter.
- Divide cauliflower puree into 3 or 4 portions
- Mix a tablespoon Shredded Parmesan Cheese or Mozzarella Cheese in each portion.
- Sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoon cheese over each portion cauliflower mash.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese powder and parsley flakes, if using, for each portion.
- Bake in preheat oven at 250C for 10min or till cheese melts and Parmesan cheese powder turns brown.
- Serve and eat with caution.
Instead of Shredded Parmesan Cheese or Mozzarella Cheese, you can try using other cheese.