AdSense

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Baked Cheesy Cauliflower Mash
烤芝士花椰菜泥



I haven't had time to update my recipes but I have been cooking! ;) Have a look at my Instagram if you are interested to know what we have been eating at home and what recipes I will be sharing soon. If only I have 48 hours a day ...



Anyway, I cooked Chicken Chop with Cauliflower Mash last Thursday for dinner and had some cauliflower mash left. It was cold after I left it out and it didn't taste nice. :P I didn't want to waste it and decided to baked it with some cheese. My daughter soon finished the whole dish of it after I offered her a spoon full of the baked mash. And she requested I make it again.

As requested, I made it again last night. I would suggest you use a shallow dish instead of a deep dish to bake this. It's a lot nicer with more cheese. The cheese topping will not be enough to go round for a deep dish of cauliflower mash. If you prefer a healthier choice with lesser cheese, go ahead and use a deep dish instead.

I recently received a Bosch ErgoMixx Hand Blender for review and it really makes preparing the cauliflower mash a whiz. I will share more on the product in another post.



Ingredients (3-4 servings):
  • 600g Cauliflower, cut into florets
  • 10g Butter
  • 3 tablespoon Shredded Parmesan Cheese or Mozzarella Cheese (for each serving)
  • 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese powder (for each serving)
  • Parsley Flakes (optional)

How to do it:
  1. Boil cauliflower florets in a pot of salted water till tender.
  2. Drain and puree the cauliflower with butter.
  3. Divide cauliflower puree into 3 or 4 portions
  4. Mix a tablespoon Shredded Parmesan Cheese or Mozzarella Cheese in each portion.
  5. Sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoon cheese over each portion cauliflower mash.
  6. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese powder and parsley flakes, if using, for each portion.
  7. Bake in preheat oven at 250C for 10min or till cheese melts and Parmesan cheese powder turns brown.
  8. Serve and eat with caution.

Note:
Instead of Shredded Parmesan Cheese or Mozzarella Cheese, you can try using other cheese.

8 comments:

  1. sorry but i need to ask a rather silly qn!
    but how do we puree the cauliflower?
    do we put in the blender to do the job?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a blender or hand blender will make it much easier. Otherwise you can use a fork but it will take a much longer time to achieve the same consistence.

      Delete
    2. hi wokking mum,
      thks 4 yr reply!

      btw, how do i get the recipes for yr little lunch boxes?
      it is not together with the pictures, like this recipe above.
      yr lunch boxes look so beautifully done n i can even feel yr love tt goes into them when u r doing 4 yr kids, great job!

      Delete
    3. hi wokkingMum

      thks for yr reply

      I have another qn.

      How do I view the recipe of yr Little lunch boxes?

      They do not come with the recipe attached like the above?

      thks

      Delete
    4. Thanks!

      The lunch boxes I posted here are as suggestion. I don't usually post the recipes. If you have any recipe that you want to know. You can leave me a note, I'll write it out for you. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Elaine, will the cauli mash tastes as good if i pan fried instead ? don't have an oven at home =(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What I am trying to do here is to melt the cheese over the cauliflower. The cauliflower is already cooked. Pan-frying it again doesn't really do much. If you pan fry it with cheese, it can be a bit messy as the cheese turns brown and stick to the pan quite easily.

      If you have a toaster, it can also do the melting of the cheese. Otherwise, you can just add cheese when you puree the cauliflower then sprinkle some Parmesan cheese powder on top to serve.

      Delete
    2. Understand. Thank you so much. Will try over the weekends ;)

      Delete