AdSense

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Japanese Potato Salad
日式马铃薯沙拉


I was trying to clear my potatoes before the sprout. If they do, I would have to grow them. ;)

I never like potato salad till I had a chance to tried it a few years. Sometimes, I will make some and keep in the fridge and have it later when I'm hungry but too tired to cook again.


This is a rather easy recipe and it got easier with the help of a kitchen gadget. As you can see, I mashed the potato using the Bosch ErgoMixx Hand Blender that I received for review. I tell you, I'm getting lazier! :P




Ingredients:
  • 300g Potato, scrubbed and washed
  • 1/2 Japanese Cucumber, seeds removed (optional) and cut into strips
  • 3 tablespoon Japanese Mayonnaise
  • 1 teaspoon Apple Cider
  • 1/4 teaspoon Sugar
  • 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
  • a pinch of Salt
  • 2 slices Ham, cut into strips


How to do it:
  1. Boil potato in salted water for 15 mins or till tender.
  2. Drain, peel and set aside.
  3. While potatoes are cooking, mix apple cider with sugar till sugar has melted.
  4. While potatoes are still hot, mash potatoes with apple cider and sugar solution, salt and oil.
  5. Set aside for the mashed potato to cool.
  6. When mashed potato has cooled, mix in mayonnaise, ham and cucumber.
  7. Chill in the fridge before serving.




No comments:

Post a Comment