My husband is away on an overseas business trip for the past week (meaning less cooking :p)
Usually I will eat whatever leftover from the kids' dinner. However, I had a piece of Seabass in the fridge that I wanted to clear, so I made a simple dinner for myself yesterday instead of having leftovers.
I had the sea bass grilling in the oven while I worked on the sides. This also means less cleaning up. You can pan-fry it too. You can have to watch over it so it will burn.
Ingredients for Grilled Sea bass:
- 1 slice Sea bass
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 2 sprig Fresh Thyme
- Salt and Ground Black Pepper to taste
Ingredients for Zesty Garlic Butter:
- 2 clove Garlic, minced
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 1 tablespoon Butter
Ingredients for Mashed Cauliflower:
- 230g Cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/3 tablespoon Butter
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan Cheese (optional)
- Salt to taste
How to do it:
- Clean and pat dry sea bass.
- Mix herbs and spice ingredients for sea bass together.
- Rub all over the sea bass and set aside for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, prepare the zesty garlic butter but mixing all ingredients together.
- Spread half of the butter on the skin side of the seabass.
- Grilled the sea bass on rack in preheat oven at 250C for 8 mins, longer if you want the skin browned.
- Turn over, spread the remaining butter and continue to grill for another 8 mins.
- While the sea bass is grilling in the oven, prepare the cauliflower.
- Steam the cauliflower florets for 10 mins. You can blanch them too.
- Drain well and pour into a blender.
- Add the butter and half of the parmesan cheese.
- Blend till smooth.
- Add salt to taste.
- Scoop out onto a plate and sprinkle the remaining parmesan cheese.
- You can bake it in the oven to brown it if you like.
- Remove sea bass from oven and serve together with the mashed cauliflower.