I had an old recipe that I posted sometime back on my home-made ice-cream which required more steps and more ingredients.
This time I tested it with just using whipping cream (cos I happened to have one) and it works well too! You will be surprised to know how easy and simple it can be. :)
Mangoes are somehow in season now (didn't remember they were in season during this part of the year) and are always on offer. I can't resist it and bought 5 there other day and kept two for this recipe. You can use other fruits instead but Mango is always a favourite. You just can't go wrong with Mango.
I'm sharing this recipe first as I have a high number of requests for it after I post it in my Facebook. If you are waiting for my other outstanding recipes, I will post them as soon as I have time to do it.
Meanwhile, I hope you enjoy this recipe. Do check out my recipe for Home-made Chocolate Ice-cream too.
- 2 ripe Mangoes
- 200ml Whipping Cream
- 5 tablespoon Icing Sugar or to taste
How to do:
- Stone and skin mangoes.
- Puree 350g of the mangoes (about 1 1/2 mangoes) and dice the rest.
- Mix or blend the mango puree with sugar and whipping cream.
- Add some diced mangoes too if you like to the blended mixture (I did though you can't see it from the photo). It's really nice to be able to bite into bits of mango when you eat the ice cream.
- Pour the mixture into a container.
- Place a piece of baking paper on it and freeze till frozen.
- Add sugar according to your taste, taking note that after adding the whipping cream, the mango mixture will be less sweet.
- If you remove every hour to stir with a fork and repeat for 5 to 6 times or till it set. It will helps keep it more creamy and less crystallize-like.
- I use the baking paper to prevent any water droplet from getting to the ice cream, which will cause the ice-cream surface to crystallize.