I was trying to clear whatever I have in the fridge and in my store before we move house to make thing easier. This was a combination of (frozen) mussels, a can of tomato base pasta sauce and mozzarella cheese which was exactly what I had and wanted to clear.
It's an easy dish. Almost an instant dish. You could have it with pasta but I had it with bread, a la chilli crab. :P
- 10 Frozen Mussels
- 2/3 - 1 can Campbell's Prego Tomato Base Pasta Sauce
- 1 handful Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Salt and Ground Black Pepper to taste
- Sprinkle of Dried Parsley (optional)
How to do it:
- Steam mussels for 2 minutes.
- Drain and set in an oven proof dish.
- Pour Pasta sauce over.
- Season with salt and ground black pepper.
- Give it a toss.
- Top with Mozzarella Cheese.
- Bake at 190C for 10 minutes or till sauce bubbles and cheese has melted.
- Sprinkle on some Parmesan Cheese if you like and serve immediately with pasta or bread.