I saw this meal suggestion in a magazine a couple of years ago and it has since became one of the regular dinners I cook for my husband.
In the picture here, I used salmon and asparagus with cauliflower mash. Sometimes, I use other white fish and other veggies to pair them.
- 150g Salmon
- 110g Cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3-4 Asparagus
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Margarine or Butter
- 1 teaspoon Light Soy Sauce
- Flour for dusting
- Oil for pan frying
- Ground Black Pepper
How to do it:
- Marinade salmon with soy sauce.
- Set aside to prepare the cauliflower mash.
- Cook cauliflower in salted water for 5 minutes or till slightly soften.
- Drain and blend the cauliflower with half the margarine.
- Cook the asparagus together with the cauliflower but remove after 1 minute.
- Dust the salmon with flour.
- Pan fry the salmon, skin side down first for 5 minutes or till lightly browned.
- Flip over to pan fry for another minute or till cooked.
- Place the salmon with the cauliflower mash and asparagus.
- Either drizzle melted margarine over it or let it melt on the salmon.
- Sprinkle ground black pepper over it.
- Serve immediately.