My daughter loves this dish and she can finish all the tofu on her own. That is after some adjustments to it. Previously, when I do this I use dried mushroom. Perhaps the smell and taste is too strong to her liking and I used fresh shitake mushroom instead and she loves it. Of course, partially the reason was the sauce too. Tofu are bland without any accompanying sauce, kids might not like it at all.
- 1 block silken Tofu, sliced equally in smaller pieces
- 6 Prawns or depending on the no. of slices of tofu you have
- 1 Fresh Shitake Mushroom, sliced
- 1 section Carrot, about length of finger shredded
- Sesame Seed Oil
- 5 tablespoon Water
- 1 tablespoon Oyster Sauce
- 3/4 tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon Cooking Wine
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- Cornflour Mixture (thickener)
- Place sliced tofu on dish.
- Remove heads and shells of prawns.
- Slit the back of prawns.
- Devien and clean.
- Place prawns with slitted back on tofu.
- Place a slice of mushroom and some shredded carrot on prawns.
- Steam for 7 minutes or till prawns are cooked.
- Pour away 2/3 the amount of liquid from steaming on the dish.
- While the tofu is steaming, prepare the sauce.
- Put all ingredients for sauce except for cornflour mixture in a saucepan.
- Cook till it bubbles.
- Gradually stir in the cornflour mixture to thicken the sauce.
- Pour sauce over the prawn and tofu.
- Drizzle on sesame seed oil.
- Serve immediately.