If anyone of you had been to Long John Slivers, you will know the Cheese sauce that comes with the chips. I was trying my luck to do that. No, I didn't achieve that but I'm still trying BUT this is not too bad either *thick-skin*.
In the first place, the cheese I used is not the correct one. I used Kraft Cheddar but the LJS's cheese tasted more like La vache qui rit (laughing cow) Cheddar cheese.
Nevertheless, this goes well with the broccoli I love so much. I cooked some pasta too and it's a meal for me already.
- Pasta, cooked according to package
- Broccoli, cut into florets and blanched with 1/2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 50g Butter
- 80g Cheese, shredded (I used Kraft (block) Cheddar)
- 150ml Milk (I used fresh milk)
- 2 tablespoon Flour
- Set cooked pasta and blanched broccoli aside.
- In a pot, melt the butter on low heat.
- Gradually add in the flour while whisking.
- Once the flour is while blended into the butter, whisk in the milk gradually.
- Bring to a boil.
- Whisk in the cheese till it melts.
- Add the desirable amount of cheese sauce to the pasta and broccoli.
- Toss and serve with additional Parmesan Cheese.