I usually cook something simple on Saturdays. No rice, soup and a few side dishes. Just one dish to settle dinner because I do major cleaning on Saturday.
I don't want to spend time washing and cleaning the pots, pans and dishes. Plus, the stove will be throughly cleaned too so, yeah, I wouldn't want to clean it again. :P
This is one of the family's favourite Saturday dinners. It's similar to this dish except no spice is used here and it's much simpler.
- 10 mid joint wings
- 20 fresh Shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 4 Hard boiled eggs
- 1.5 litre Water or Chicken broth
- Salt to taste
- Instant Noodle or Fresh Wanton Noodle
- 1 tablespoon Oyster Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dark Soy Sauce
How to do it:
- Blanch the wings.
- Add the wings & hard-boiled eggs into a pot of boiling water.
- Add in the seasonings and let in simmer for 1 hour.
- Add in the mushrooms and continue to simmer for another 1/2 hour.
- Add salt to taste.
- Discard the seasonings for the instant noodles.
- Cook the noodles till just done, don't over cook.
- Discard the water.
- 'Rinse' in previous boiled water.
- Put into a pot, pour in some some sauce from the chicken and bring to a just a boil.
- Place in a dish with all other ingredients.
- Add a few drops of sesame seed oil and garnish with spring onions.
- Click HERE for printer-friendly version of an original recipe.