My daughter doesn't take fruits, not even fruit juice. Sometimes, if she is kind to me, she would take a tiny bite to try but most of the time, she simply says "No."
I still try to get her to take fruits but I'm not worry at all because she is just like my son when he was her age. Now, he eat fruits everyday and and tell me what fruits he would like to have.
I was pleasantly surprised that she loved this fish dish. She usually eats very little during dinner if it's not her favourite Chicken Porridge. This time she finished the whole piece of fish! It's fish and there was taste of orange. Huh? Surprise! Surprise! Kids. And people thought it's difficult to understand than women. Haha ....
- 1 Snapper fillet, cut half
- 1/2 small Onion (not shallot but yellow onion), minced
- 1 glove Garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- A dash of salt and pepper
- 5 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Rind of 1 Orange
- 1 teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 1 glove Garlic, crushed not minced
- 40ml White Wine
- Juice of 1 Orange
- 1 ripe tomato, skinned, seeds removed and diced
- Rind of 1/2 Orange
- Sugar to taste, adjusted according to the sweetness of orange juice
- 1 Orange, skin removed and cut into chunks
How to do it:
- Save 2 tablespoon of marinade oil of frying later.
- Marinate fish in marinade oil for 30 minutes.
- Remove from marinade and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat pan with marinade oil saved earlier.
- Pan fry fish on both sides till browned and cooked.
- Remove and set aside.
- Heat oil in new pan.
- Add onion and garlic.
- Stir fry till onions are soft.
- Add white wine.
- Let it simmer till it is reduced to half.
- Add orange juice, rind and tomatoes.
- Cook for 1 minute or till sauce thickens.
- Add sugar to taste.
- Add orange chunks and cook for another 10 seconds.
- Pour sauce over fish.
- Serve immediately.
- Click HERE for printer-friendly version of an original recipe.