I love mussels! No mussels fans at home so I always have it all to myself. However, my husband who hates mussels love this and finished a whole dish of it!!
I usually get those cheap mussels from a nearby supermarket. It is really cheap; less than S$2 for a tray! It has about 30 of them. The best part was, after savouring the dish, I have plenty of shells I can use to do crafts with my son.
Oh, be careful when you eat these. You can't stop at one!
- 30 Mussels, brushed and cleaned
- 2 tablespoon Butter, melted
- 5 tablespoon Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper, coarsely grounded
- 2 teaspoon Fresh Parsley, chopped (optional)
How to do it:
- Preheat oven to 170C.
- Place mussels in a pot with 50ml water and cover.
- Cook for 5 minutes or till mussels open up.
- Drain and discard those that remained close (they are bad).
- Snap the empty part of the shell off.
- Place the other shell with the mussels on a oven-proof dish.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together.
- Place some of the butter mixture on top of each mussel.
- Sprinkle more parmesan cheese on top if you like.
- Grill till the mussels are sizzling and the top mixture are golden.
- Serve immediately.
- Click HERE for printer-friendly version of an original recipe.