My kids loves eggs so I'm always trying different ways to present it so it would be more interesting. You know kids get bored easily, even they like a certain food, if I cook the same way too often, I'll see the leftovers getting more.
My daughter kept pinching the egg cubes before I add the sauce so it end up with just this little lot only.
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 Carrot, sliced
- 20 Wolfberries, soaked to soften
- 50ml Water
- 70ml Stock
- 1/2 teaspoon Sesame Seed Oil
- Salt to taste
- Cornflour Mixture (thickener)
- Beat eggs with water and a pinch of salt.
- Oil the dish to prevent the eggs from sticking.
- Pour the egg mixture in the dish.
- Cover the dish with cling wrap.
- Steam till the egg is set.
- Remove the egg and cut into cubes.
- Set aside.
- While streaming, drain the water from the wolfberries and set aside.
- Heat stock in wok.
- Add in carrot and wolfberries.
- Add sesame seed oil and salt to taste.
- Thicken the sauce with cornflour mixture.
- Pour over the egg and serve.
- Use stock instead of water if you want more flavourful egg cubes.
- Steam your carrot before hand if you prefer a softer bite.
- Click HERE for the printer friendly version of the original recipe.