I ran out of baking paper and since I was at the supermarket, I went to look around for it. I found the wonderful Glad Bake - Non-stick and cooking paper. No greasing required when I use this. When the cookies are baked, they just slipped off the paper to the wire rack and I could reuse the paper for my second batch of cookies. In fact, I only use two pieces of paper to bake the whole batch of cookies!
Anyway, there's this Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe on the box. Cookies. How can I give it a miss and went ahead to try it. Ooooo ... It's yummy, crunchy, easy and no stopping at one (my son finished a box with closed to 20 cookies at one go!!). I gave some to my friend, Poi San, and she has since requested for a big canister for Chinese New Year. I'll bake some for you for Christmas lah. Don't have to wait so long. *giggle*
Anyone who loves cookies should try this!
- 200g Butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 2 cups Self Raising Flour
- 2 cups Chocolate Bits
- 1 cup Roasted Hazelnuts, chopped (I didn't add this)
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Cream butter and sugar till pale and creamy.
- Add in eggs and vanilla essence and beat well.
- Fold in shifted flour.
- Fold in chocolate bits and nuts.
- Roll spoonfuls of mixture into walnut sized balls.
- Place on tray lined with Glad baking paper *wink* leaving room for spreading.
- Bake for 12 - 15 minutes until pale golden.
- Cool for 5 minutes then cool completely on wire racks.
- Click HERE for printer-friendly version of an original recipe