AdSense

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Chocolate Chips Cookies


I ran out of baking paper and since I was at the supermarket, I went to look around for it. I found the wonderful Glad Bake - Non-stick and cooking paper. No greasing required when I use this. When the cookies are baked, they just slipped off the paper to the wire rack and I could reuse the paper for my second batch of cookies. In fact, I only use two pieces of paper to bake the whole batch of cookies!

Anyway, there's this Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe on the box. Cookies. How can I give it a miss and went ahead to try it. Ooooo ... It's yummy, crunchy, easy and no stopping at one (my son finished a box with closed to 20 cookies at one go!!). I gave some to my friend, Poi San, and she has since requested for a big canister for Chinese New Year. I'll bake some for you for Christmas lah. Don't have to wait so long. *giggle*

Anyone who loves cookies should try this!

Ingredients:
  • 200g Butter, melted
  • 1 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
  • 2 Eggs, beaten
  • 1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
  • 2 cups Self Raising Flour
  • 2 cups Chocolate Bits
  • 1 cup Roasted Hazelnuts, chopped (I didn't add this)
How to do it:
  1. Preheat oven to 180C.
  2. Cream butter and sugar till pale and creamy.
  3. Add in eggs and vanilla essence and beat well.
  4. Fold in shifted flour.
  5. Fold in chocolate bits and nuts.
  6. Roll spoonfuls of mixture into walnut sized balls.
  7. Place on tray lined with Glad baking paper *wink* leaving room for spreading.
  8. Bake for 12 - 15 minutes until pale golden.
  9. Cool for 5 minutes then cool completely on wire racks.

  • Click HERE for printer-friendly version of an original recipe

6 comments:

  1. You are so good. Yummies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a Teflon baking mat that works wonders - I can't think of baking without it anymore!

    Your cookies look terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you everyone for your comments!

    The cookies were really yummy! :D

    ReplyDelete