AdSense

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Ika Teriyaki
日式照烧烏賊


Another easy recipe using the Happy Call Pan. ;)

I did my own teriyaki sauce here but you can always get ready-made ones from the supermarket for less hassle. I like to make my own sauce, though it may not be authentic, as I can adjust the taste. Furthermore, I don't use teriyaki sauce that often. So making it when I need it makes more sense to me.

You may do this using a regular non-stick pan if you don't have a Happy Call Pan. Just add in 2 - 3 tablespoon of water when you are cooking it as the regular pan (covered) doesn't not generate as much liquid as the HCP.

Ingredients:
  • 2 medium Squid, innards removed and cleaned
  • 1 tablespoon Sake
  • 3 tablespoon Mirin
  • 3 tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
  • 2/3 tablespoon Brown Sugar
  • 1 tablespoon Oil

How to do it:
  1. Marinate for half an hour.
  2. Place squid in the pan and pour the marinade into pan too.
  3. Grill with pan covered for 4 minutes in medium low fire.
  4. Grill on the other side for another 4 minutes.
  5. Open cover and slit the squid by using a scissor.
  6. Continue to grill on medium low for 1-2 minutes with cover opened, to thicken sauce.
  7. Turn the squid in-between grilling to get the colour even.
  8. Remove from pan and spoon some thicken teriyaki sauce over.
  9. Serve.


Sake                                            Mirin

3 comments:

  1. oh i think i really have to buy happycall already
    seeing more and more cookings using happycall and they all look yummy, just like yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, where did you buy the sake?

    I could not find it in ntuc.

    ReplyDelete