AdSense

Friday, November 19, 2010

Cream of Asparagus & Potato


I had been really busy this whole month and when I have some free time, I would rather play FB games than blog. Hence the lack of post. :P

I bought some really cute soup bowls and other crockery from the market today and they were quite a steal too. I bought this cute 'Pinocchio' bowl you see here for $3.50. That set the mood for cooking; with whatever I have in the fridge. :P

So asparagus and potato soup it is. The colours reminds me that Christmas is coming! :) Enjoy!

Ingredients:
  • 250g Thai Asparagus, diced
  • 1 large potato, diced
  • 1 small onion, diced
  • 1.2 litre Chicken Both
  • 100ml Whipping Cream
  • Salt and Pepper to taste

How to do it:
  1. Cook asparagus, potato and onion in the chicken broth till tender but not soft.
  2. Either blend the vegetable soup in batches or drain the vegetable and blend.
  3. Return the vegetable puree to the broth.
  4. Whisk to mix well.
  5. Bring to a simmer and stir in the whipping cream.
  6. Season with salt and pepper.


3 comments:

  1. Hi Elaine, the whipping cream I have is meant for cake and has a slight tinge of sweetness in it. Is it ok with this recipe? Or should I use thickened cream? How does Thai Asparagus look like? If I can't get this in OZ, can I substitute with the usual asparagus?

    ReplyDelete
  2. the bowl is so cute, where did you get it from? Tot of getting for my niece. Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phoebeluv, You can use thickened cream if you like. Thai Asparagus are those very thin asparagus. They are way much cheaper compared to the regular ones. Sure you can use the usual asparagus you have at oz.

    Teresa, I bought it from at the flea market at my place. I understand the seller goes to Teck Whye market once or twice a month. If you have friends staying around that area, maybe you can ask them to look out for you.

    ReplyDelete