This is just one of the dishes that I loved and won't mind having it often.
I wished that I had prepared some toasted bread to clean up the sauce. The sauce was cleared up anyway, because I mixed my rice with it and ate it all up. Burp!
- 8 to 10 frozen mussels, thawed and cleaned
- 20g Butter
- 3 - 4 Garlic, minced or grated (you can use a garlic press)
- 200g Cooking Cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Thyme or a small handful Fresh Thyme
- 1 to 2 teaspoon Lemon Juice or to your taste
- Salt and Ground Black Pepper to taste
- Zest of half a lemon (optional)
How to to it:
- Melt butter in a pan.
- Add garlic and saute till soften and fragrant but not browned.
- Add cream and Thyme.
- Cook in medium low heat till the sauce bubbles.
- Continue cooking till the sauce starts to thicken.
- Add in the remaining ingredients for the sauce.
- While the sauce is cooking, prepare the mussels.
- Make sure the mussels are thawed, cleaned and dabbed dry.
- Arrange mussels in a oven proof dish.
- Once the sauce is ready, pour it over the mussels.
- Bake in preheated oven at 230C for 7 mins.
- Serve immediately.
- If you do not have a oven, you can also cook.
- Place the mussels down on the pot; shell facing up.
- Simmer for about 10mins till mussels are completely heated thru.
- I preferred oven baking as it will brown the surface a little and has a more even cooking for the mussel.