This is a very easy and fast dish to prepare. You can replace the scallops with prawns if you like.
Everytime I cook this dish, it will be the first to be finished. It's one of my personal favourite dish but it like it more with scallops though.
- 1 box Silken Tofu, cut into 8 thick blocks
- 1 tablespoon Chinese Cooking Wine
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Seed Oil
- 8 pieces Scallop, halve if thick
- 2 tablespoon Raw Chopped Garlic or Fried/Roasted Garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon Sugar
- 2 tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon Cooking Oil
How to do it:
- Place tofu top with scallop in a dish or you placed both items separately.
- Sprinkle garlic on top.
- Drizzle cooking wine and sesame seed oil over them.
- Steam for 4 minutes or till scallops are cooked.
- Remove and drain away the liquid.
- Place scallops on tofu and set aside.
- Heat cooking oil, sugar and light soy sauce together.
- Pour the hot soy sauce and oil over the scallop.
The water in drained away after steaming is to avovid diluting the sauce. If you prefer to keep it, please do so.