I was trying to clear my potatoes before the sprout. If they do, I would have to grow them. ;)
I never like potato salad till I had a chance to tried it a few years. Sometimes, I will make some and keep in the fridge and have it later when I'm hungry but too tired to cook again.
This is a rather easy recipe and it got easier with the help of a kitchen gadget. As you can see, I mashed the potato using the Bosch ErgoMixx Hand Blender that I received for review. I tell you, I'm getting lazier! :P
- 300g Potato, scrubbed and washed
- 1/2 Japanese Cucumber, seeds removed (optional) and cut into strips
- 3 tablespoon Japanese Mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Apple Cider
- 1/4 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- a pinch of Salt
- 2 slices Ham, cut into strips
How to do it:
- Boil potato in salted water for 15 mins or till tender.
- Drain, peel and set aside.
- While potatoes are cooking, mix apple cider with sugar till sugar has melted.
- While potatoes are still hot, mash potatoes with apple cider and sugar solution, salt and oil.
- Set aside for the mashed potato to cool.
- When mashed potato has cooled, mix in mayonnaise, ham and cucumber.
- Chill in the fridge before serving.