During one of those days that I ran out of ideas on what to cook, this will be it. :P
My parents used to make this using chicken and dried shrimps as the soup base. So it's Noodle Soup with Chicken. :P My husband hates dried shrimps so my recipe omits that. Instead, I use chicken bones, prawns shells, Choy Sum stem (since noone except me likes it) and sometimes with a few dried scallops.
I usually make the soup stock first and keep it hot in the thermal pot. When we are ready to eat, just blanch the noodle then add in the soup. Easy. :)
- 400g Flat Yellow Noodles
- a bunch of Choy Sum, cut into sections
- 8-10 medium Prawns; depending on how many prawns you want to serve withthe noodles
- 2 litre Water
- 2 Chicken Rack, chopped into 2
- 2 clove Garlic, smashed
- 1 tablespoon Oyster Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
- Salt to taste
How to do it:
- Saute the garlic with a little oil till fragrant.
- Blanch chicken rack to remove scum.
- Add chicken rack and garlic into a fresh pot of water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add prawn and cook for 30 seconds.
- Remove and shell the prawns.
- Set the prawns aside and return the prawn heads and shells to the pot.
- Continue to simmer for at least an hour.
- Add in the choy sum stalks if you like.
- Cook till stalks have softened.
- Drain the soup stock.
- Add seasonings to taste.
- Keep in hot in a thermal pot if necessary.
- When ready to eat, boil a pot of water.
- Grab some noodles and blanch in boiling water.
- Drain the noodles.
- Place some choy sum in a bowl then pour the blanched noodle over.
- Top with previously cooked prawns.
- Pour over hot soup stock and serve.