Chicken wings or winglets are the family's all time favourite. You can do it in all sort of ways. One of my favourite is in sambal chilli.
I can't take spicy food (although I love it) so it's always good to be able to make it on my own so I can adjust how hot I want the sambal to be. Add dried chilli and more chilli padi if you want it more spicy. I can't do that cos if I do, I'll be full drinking water. :P
- 8 Chicken Mid-joint
- Additional 1 Calamansi to be squeezed over grilled winglets (optional)
- 10 Fresh Red Chilli, de-seed
- 3 Chilli Padi, more if you like it spicy, de-deed
- 3 Shallot
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Juice of 1 Calamansi
- Salt to taste
How to do it:
- Blend, all ingredients for sambal into paste and set aside.
- Pat dry winglet and marinate with half the sambal for at least an hour.
- Lay winglets on oiled rack for grilling.
- Spread half of the remaining sambal on the winglets.
- Spray on a bit of cooking oil if possible.
- Grill in preheated oven at 200C for 30mins, turning the winglets mid way.
- Spread the remaining sambal on the winglet when you turn the winglets for further grilling.
- Serve with a additional squeeze of calamansi if you like.