I did this on the spur of the moment as my late night supper. I love Bovril and Marmite but prefer Bovril. I have been having it since I was a little girl.
During those days, Bovril was in Beef Flavour. Then it was discontinued and came the vegetarian version. When the Beef Flavour was back again, it never make its way to Singapore. I was super lucky that a very good friend of mine was holidaying in London and she brought back 4 bottles of Bovril Beef for me. I'm so blessed. :)
For this simple recipe, you can use the vegetarian Bovril because you won't be able to get the Beef version in Singapore. The winglets will have a subtle taste of Bovril. You'll enjoy it if you like Bovril.
- 8 Chicken Winglets
- 1 tablespoon Borvil
- 1 teaspoon Maltose or Honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Brown Sugar
How to do it:
- Mix marinade together well.
- Add winglets to the marinade and marinate for 2 hours.
- Drain winglets from marinate and place on a baking tray. Retain marinade.
- Bring reserved marinade to a boil and set aside to use for basting. Add a bit more sugar if you want the sauce sweeter.
- Grill in preheated oven at 220C for 25 mins, basting it in-between.
- Remove when done and serve.