I did the same dish twice, once for the kids and me and the 2nd time for my husband when he return late from work. I used slightly different methods to steam the dish. Both turned out great. If you don't own a HCP, you can still steam using the normal way.
- 6 Chicken Winglets or other parts
- 10g Condonopsis 党参 Dang Shen, steamed for 10 mins
- 15g Wolfberries 枸杞子 Gou Qi Zi
- 2 slices Ginger, shredded
- a pinch Salt
- a dash Pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon Chinese Rose Wine 玫瑰露酒 or Chinese Cooking Wine
- 1/2 tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Sugar
How to do it:
- Marinate winglets with salt and pepper for at least half an hour.
- Place the marinated winglets with the rest of the ingredients and seasonings in a piece of foil.
- Add 6 tablespoon of water.
- Seal the foil and place in HCP with water filled about 3/4 of the lower pan.
- Close pan and steam at medium low fire for 30 minutes.
- Check in-between to make sure there is still water in the pan. Mine is just enough for the whole process.
- Remove and serve.
- If you have a shallow dish, you can use that instead of using the foil. However, do not add water (in step 3) to the ingredients as the steaming will add water into the dish.
- If you don't have Chinese Rose Wine 玫瑰露酒, you can use any other Chinese Cooking Wine, like 绍兴花雕酒 Shao Xing Hua Diao Jiu. The difference other than the alcohol level is that Chinese Rose Wine adds a much pleasant aroma to the dish. However, both helps to bring out the flavours of the dish.
- To better bring out the flavours of the herbs, you may want to steam it for 15-20 mins, seal with foil.