Another easy recipe using the Happy Call Pan. ;)
I did my own teriyaki sauce here but you can always get ready-made ones from the supermarket for less hassle. I like to make my own sauce, though it may not be authentic, as I can adjust the taste. Furthermore, I don't use teriyaki sauce that often. So making it when I need it makes more sense to me.
You may do this using a regular non-stick pan if you don't have a Happy Call Pan. Just add in 2 - 3 tablespoon of water when you are cooking it as the regular pan (covered) doesn't not generate as much liquid as the HCP.
- 2 medium Squid, innards removed and cleaned
- 1 tablespoon Sake
- 3 tablespoon Mirin
- 3 tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
- 2/3 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Oil
How to do it:
- Marinate for half an hour.
- Place squid in the pan and pour the marinade into pan too.
- Grill with pan covered for 4 minutes in medium low fire.
- Grill on the other side for another 4 minutes.
- Open cover and slit the squid by using a scissor.
- Continue to grill on medium low for 1-2 minutes with cover opened, to thicken sauce.
- Turn the squid in-between grilling to get the colour even.
- Remove from pan and spoon some thicken teriyaki sauce over.