Like the Spice Wings, this is also one of my cooking experiments on wings. Compared to the Spice Wings, some might prefer this as the ingredients used here is much lesser, especially so you don't use spice often.
You will like this if you like cheese. I didn't use salt to season the wings as the Parmesan cheese gave the wing the saltiness it needed. Not oil or butter is required to grease the wings or the baking sheet as there will be oil from the cheese and the wings.
I would recommend you roast these on rack rather than on baking sheet or foil as the part siting on the baking sheet will be sitting on the oil from the cheese and chicken. Hence, the cheese on the bottom part of the wings will not brown and will be soggy. If you do not have a rack, make 2 strips of foil and place them below the wings to lift them up. That will do the trick. ;)
- 6 Mid-joint Wings or Drumlets
- 6 tablespoon Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tablespoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
How to do it:
- Mix all ingredients except wings together.
- Coat wings with cheese mixture. You can do it by shaking the wing with the mixture in a zip-loc bag too.
- Sit the wings in the cheese mixture for an hour.
- Roast on rack at 180C for 45 minutes, depending on the size of the wings.
- Turn the wings in-between roasting.
- Increase the temperature to 200C and roast for another 5 minutes to brown the cheese in little, if desire.
- Serve immediately.