I was making meat patties for my son and had some ingredients left over. I used the ingredients combined with some others to made these 'spring rolls' using Vietnam rice paper.
It turned out rather nice and we actually preferred this than usual one using the spring roll skin. ;)
- 100g Minced Pork/Chicken
- 60g Fish Paste (optional)
- 150g Small Prawn, cut into chunks
- 1-2 Fresh Red Chili, seed removed and chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon Chopped Coriander Stem part only
- 1/2 tablespoon Light Soy Sauce
- a pinch of Salt
- a dash of Pepper
- 8 pieces Vietnam Rice Paper
- Oil for frying
- 2 tablespoon Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1 tablespoon White Vinegar
- 2/3 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Fish Sauce
- Sprinkle Chopped Coriander Stem & Leaves
How to do it:
- Mixed all ingredients for the spring roll except the rice paper and oil together.
- Brush rice paper with water or wipe with a clean wet cloth.
- When it's start to get softer, scoop some meat mixture on it and roll it up as you would do for a spring roll.
- Deep fry till golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Combine ingredients for dipping sauce.
- Stir till sugar is disolved.
- Serve dipping sauce with the fried spring roll.
- Do not stack the spring roll together as they will stick together.
- Likewise, do not crowd the pot when frying the spring roll as they will also stick together.