Both my kids have rather different taste. Usually if one like a soup, chances are, the other doesn't. *faint* Although, I still
My son loves Shark's Fin Melon soup, so you guess it. My daughter doesn't. I tweaked my original recipe little by adding corn here for the sweetness.
Results ... I don't have to force her to drink it but she didn't quite like it either. Haiz .... Maybe, you'll like this version?
- 1.2 litre Water
- 800g Shark’s Fin Melon, skin and seeds removed and cut into chunks
- 250g pork ribs
- 8 red dates
- 1 piece Dried Octopus
- a handful Wolfberries
- 1 Sweet Corn, cut to chunks
- Salt to taste
How to do it:
- Blanch pork ribs.
- Add all ingredients except wolfberries and salt to a pot of water.
- Bring it to a boil.
- Reduce heat and continue to simmer for another 3 hours.
- Add wolfberries 30 minutes before cooking ends
- Add salt to taste.