AdSense

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Simple Pancakes

Wow! I'm overwhelmed by the responses from my last post. Thank you so much for all the support and encouragement! Like one of my friends said, receiving this hate mail might not be a bad thing after all. One thing for sure, it showed that I do have people out there who cares about me and like what I'm doing. :) I have received a few more emails from the same person but I choose to send it to the junk box. Hopefully, he or she will stop sending me emails when there is no response from me. To those who had spend time send me emails and posting your comments here and in my chat box, sorry I have not response but do know that I'm truly grateful for your comforting words. I'm not very good with words. So, it's just thank you, thank you and more thank yous. Thank you so much for everything! :) Okay, this is for someone who likes me too (you do, right?) :P She works for a local kids magazine and she dropped me an email to check if I would be interested to do food feature for them. Aww ... what an honour! Thank you, Karin! :) I would love to help if I could and if I have the time. Hopefully, I didn't mess it up. :P She wanted something that kids can do on their own or with a little help from an adult and this is for mummy dearest on Mother's Day. I thought the very versatile, pancake, will be good idea. It can be served with anything! Just syrup and or butter. With Ice-cream and chocolate sauce. Yums! For the healthy one, with fruits, like what I did. ;) For the very local ones, sandwiched with red bean paste or kaya. I can go on and on. Kids nowadays are very creative. They will come out with their own creation to please mummy. I bet mummy will be touched to be served with any breakfast made by her children. But I bet she will be even more proud and impressed if the kitchen is cleaned up after that. LOL Ingredients:
  • 140g Plain Flour
  • 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon Salt
  • 40g Sugar
  • 1 Egg, beaten
  • 240ml Fresh Milk
  • 30g Unsalted Butter, melted
  • Icing Sugar
  • Strawberries, top removed
How to do it:
  1. Put flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a large bowl.
  2. Mix well.
  3. In a separate bowl, whisk egg, milk and butter together.
  4. Pour the all of the egg mixture into the flour mixture.
  5. Whisk till combined.
  6. Heat a non-stick pan. If using a regular pan, brush it with some butter.
  7. When the pan is hot, turn to low heat.
  8. Pour some batter to the pan. Amount to pour depends on how big you want the pancake to be.
  9. When batter starts to bubbles, flip over to cook on the other side.
  10. Remove when pancake is slightly brown.
  11. Repeat till all batter are used up.
  12. To assemble, place a few pancake together.
  13. Use a cookie cutter or a glass to cut a hole in the middle.
  14. Remove the circle pancake.
  15. Place strawberries in the hole of the pancake.
  16. Dust with icing sugar.
  17. Serve with additional syrup if you like.
Note: The cut-out pancakes can be use to make sandwich using peanut butter, jam, cheese, etc, as fillings.

4 comments:

  1. looks delicious. will definitely try this out! thanx for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hungry...
    and yay u r back.... it been so long ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow superlicious pancakes, no matter how they're made I am there, they nice in all the ways they are made supertastic. and these are to die for I just ove the combo of pancakes and strawberries, yummy mummy !! :) xxx Rice-Recipes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Merryn & Ricardo.

    Hey Jolene! I'm back but won't be staying long. :P

    ReplyDelete