We went out for dinner one evening and the restaurant's soup of the day was Chicken with Mushroom Soup but it was slightly sweet not saltish like the normal soup.
My daughter like it and finished the whole soup on her own. Of course I had to try making on my own (by looking at what was in the pot :P)
Hey, I'm not too bad. The taste was rather close. Maybe it would taste like the original if I added MSG. ;) But my daughter like it anyway and finished it all too.
If you want something different, try this.
- 8 Dried Chinese Mushroom, soaked to soften and drained
- 35g Dried Longan
- 1 Chicken Breast
- 100g Pork Ribs
- 1 slice Ginger
- 1.5 litre Water
- 1/2 tablespoon Chinese Cooking Wine
- Salt to taste
How to do it:
- Blanch both meat.
- Remove the stalks from the mushrooms and squeeze out excess water.
- Half the mushrooms if they are big.
- Place all ingredients except salt and wine in a pot.
- Reduce to a simmer after it is brought to a boil.
- Simmer for 2 hours till the mushroom are soft.
- Add wine and salt to taste.
- Click HERE for printer-friendly version of an original recipe.