These days when my dinner involves baking in the oven, I try to parboil them first (if possible) to save electrical bills. :P Sometimes, by doing so, I can cut cooking time to almost half or more.
Depending on what you are cooking, parboiling doesn't necessary make the food less tasty.
- 6 Mid-joint Wings
- 20ml Light Soy Sauce
- 100ml Water
- 1/2 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dark Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon Ginger Juice
How to do it:
- Mix all ingredients well in a pot.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Continue cooking for15 minutes.
- Remove wings and place them on a rack. Retain sauce for basting.
- Bake them in the oven at 200C for 7 minutes.
- Remove the wings and dip them the the sauce previously retain from cooking.
- Return to bake for another 5 minutes.
- Click HERE for printer-friendly version of an original recipe.