It had been an extremely busy month for me.
My son fractured his arm end last month and needed help on almost everything. Then my daughter fell sick. All happened while my husband was on his business trip.
We sold our place and was busy hunting for a new place this month too. We almost gave up and wanted to rent a place instead. Thank goodness everything went well in the end; well almost everything. Now we are busy packing, while planning the interior design of our new place on our own.
I will be back to my normal schedule next week when school reopens and hopefully I'll have a breather then before the renovation work starts.
Before my life becomes chaotic again, here's a quick post on what I did today. A very quick and easy dish that I bet you will enjoy.
- 6 - 8 Scallops (I use frozen ones)
- 1-2 tablespoon Roasted or Fried Garlic
- 30g Vermicelli, soaked to soften
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- A pinch of Sugar
- A dash of Ground Black Pepper
- A drizzle of Sesame Seed Oil
How to do it:
- Dab scallops dry with kitchen paper.
- Marinade scallops with salt, black pepper and sugar.
- Place soften vermicelli in a dish.
- Scatter 1/3 of the garlic on the vermicelli.
- Place marinated scallops on the vermicelli.
- Top the scallops with the remaining garlic.
- Steam for 7 minutes or till done.
- Drizzle sesame seed oil and serve.
- The vermicelli is not garnish. It will absorb all the sauce that comes from the steaming. So don't waste it, have it together with the scallops.
- If you don't have time to make the roasted garlic, you can use raw garlic. However, you might want to cut down the amount by half.